Thursday, February 6, 2014

Blog 14- Independent Component 1

Literal: 
A) I, Angel Flores affirm that I completed my Independent Component which represents 30 hours of work. 

B) The person who helped me complete my 30 hours was my mentor Jack Bolhka. 

C) Pittman stated that my mentor-ship hours can also count as my independent component hours as well. 

D) What I completed was an assortment of both assisting my mentor for his studio and for his class at iPoly. For his studio, I helped him with clients that may need help in anyway and I was also his "cashier" for a photo-shoot we completed at Alta Loma in December. For his class, I am his TA, since I know the knowledge he currently teaching his students. I help with any photography or Photoshop questions they may have. 

Interpretive:
The work I completed is important because the first answer I created revolves around the work I did with my mentor. My first answer involves having the knowledge behind composition and how to actually compose your photos correctly. A main portion of 1st semester's ROP class focused on how to properly compose your photos. With things like if your photo is properly exposed or is it way too dark or light. Or does your photo follow the rule of thirds position rather than it being just in the center of the photo. I enjoyed having this refresher because it reminded me that I need to worry about those questions all the time for my own senior project and photography in general. 


P.S. Ironically, I didn't worry about taking pictures for my independent component, which is why I needed to take photos of this week's photo-shop lesson on two tools known as the quick select tool and the quick mask tool.  
















Applied: 

Honestly I feel like half of my answer for the interpretive section should also in implemented in the applied section as well. This work has given me a refresher of the basics that every photographer should already know. Whether its trying to run a studio, or even attempting to get a job as a photographer, the first thing anyone is gonna look at is your portfolio. And the first thing they'll judge is if you can tell a story through your photos, and the only way anyone will ever be able to do that is by knowing the basics. Then manipulating them to your advantage.

No comments:

Post a Comment